Monday 11 December 2023

No hope around

 No Hope around

There’s this atmosphere around
One where no hope is found
One where anxiety and fear surround.
There’s this mood that’s stuck
One where I don’t give a fuck
One where I can be found in this rut.
The fear is so so strong
Where everything feels wrong
Which makes things last so long
The negative overpowers everything 
Where the bad news gives me a sting
Where the fear of the future knows to me it needs to cling 
This feels like the opposite of heaven, this feels like hell
That the things I have bottled up inside I need someone to tell
That on the experiences I’ve experienced do I dwell. 
There is nothing changing, nothing improving, nothing getting better
There is this Monster that is out to get her
There is news that arrives that is bound to upset her. 
I don’t feel able to do this any more. 
I’ve had enough of feeling bad to the very core
I’m done with this all making my brain so sore.
I don’t understand this world, this life
Where so many people are living in strife
And where mental illness is so rife

2 comments: