Friday 3 April 2020

50 reasons to recover

50 reasons to recover

  1. To meet my new baby niece
  2. To be involved in her upbringing as much as I can.
  3. For my niece and nephew
  4. Particularly for my nephew and Auntie day out I've promised him. 
  5. To prove the doubters wrong
  6. To walk back into the psych ward this time as a peer support worker.
  7. To go back to work
  8. To enjoy puddings out with friends.
  9. To actually live and thrive not just survive.
  10. To really laugh again.
  11. To have days out with friends uninterrupted by anxiety or worry. 
  12. To read all the books on my to read list. 
  13. To watch all the movies on my movies to watch list.
  14. To keep watching all the series I watch and find out what happens next. 
  15. To not have any more new scars.
  16. To travel more. 
  17. To watch beautiful sunsets. 
  18. To make myself proud.
  19. To make my family proud.
  20. To make my friends proud.
  21. To prove to myself I can do it.
  22. To prove to other people I can do it. 
  23. To not let comparison rob me of any more joy.
  24. To settle in properly to my new flat.
  25. To one day move into a bigger place. 
  26. For house parties.
  27. For my big 30th birthday party I've got all the ideas for. 
  28. So I can be independent.
  29. So my parents can trust me once again. 
  30. So the staff at A&E don't recognise me every time. 
  31. To make my dreams become reality.
  32. To drive to beautiful places. 
  33. To have lazy days and not be ruled by urges.
  34. To have more brain space.
  35. To meet new people.
  36. To get a puppy or a dog. 
  37. To never be ruled by rituals or counting again. 
  38. To go on holidays with friends. 
  39. To swim without being ashamed of my scars. 
  40. To wear shorts and not have to hide my scars.
  41. To wear short sleeved t-shirts around kids and not have to make up stories about how I hurt my arms. 
  42. To see the girls I used to nanny regularly again.
  43. For silly selfies 
  44. For photos with friends.
  45. To make new memories with friends. 
  46. To see the young people I work with flourish and grow.
  47. To go back to volunteering in my old school.
  48. To mentor young people again.
  49. To adopt.
  50. To finish my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment