Thursday 1 February 2024

No fight

To continue to fight is just too hard

I have spent too much of my life on guard


From my feelings, from my past


I don’t know how much more of this I can last. 


I’m trying, I’m trying hard, I really, really am


Maybe you don’t see it, maybe you don’t give a damn.


The man, this horrible man, must go away


Please, please, please I try and pray


I have no tears, I cannot cry


It’s not any more, but my life was a big fat lie. 


I’m too honest now for my own good


Probably saying far too much than I should.


He haunts me every day with what’s in my head,


The images, the videos fill me with dread. 


They are from a horror film I swear 


Of all the people of whom I care. 


The incidents I have are me losing a bit of the fight


Even if you don’t see them as ‘right.’ 


You’re annoyed, you’re frustrated a lot


I wish you’d just leave me be, to just rot. 


I’m on these stupid 10 minute obs. 


Reminding me of all the freedom that mental illness robs. 


I don’t have leave, but I need to get out.


You’re upset when my distress results in a shout.


I need to harm myself, it might help, I tell you 


But you say “we can’t let you do that, you’ve got to get through.” 


We’re going round in circles, again and again, round and round. 


In this place I guarantee you, no hope is found. 


My heart has been ripped to shreds as I battle this war


I don’t know who I am any more, even down to my very core. 


You think I’m out to physically hurt the team


Even though that’s what it might seem


It’s not the truth. I told you yesterday


But hurting myself, yes, that is the only way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment